This job is no longer available
Supervise MAC Technical Staff
- Integrate MAC mission, values and strategic goals into area of responsibility.
- Lead and develop goal setting and planning activity in accordance with division and department objectives.
- Create and maintain a rewarding and productive work environment.
- Coordinate the activity of direct report employees.
- Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings to communicate goals, issues and information to employees.
- Exercise supervisory authority in accordance with MAC Human Resource Policy, MAC Administration Manual, and/or the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Recognize employee achievement.
- Hire, transfer, and discharge employees.
- Facilitate effective working relationships among department employees.
- Hear and address employee grievances.
- Administer disciplinary action, as appropriate.
Develop MAC Information Technology Infrastructure
- Develop plans for MAC IT infrastructure in conjunction with the IS department management group.
- Direct the analysis of infrastructure needs including physical facilities, network, hardware and related system software.
- Prepare bids and requests for proposals as required.
- Manage programs and projects related to IT infrastructure.
- Prepare proposed operating and capital budgets reflecting infrastructure planning.
- Manage the development, revision and publication of MAC IT standards including updates to the relevant MAC Design and Construction Standards.
- Administer the Network and Systems Support Analyst Work Program:
- Develop and manage callout procedures, draft Service Level Agreements with organizational customers, develop and manage incident response plans and fall back procedures, and cross-train staff to expand support capabilities.
- Work with MAC departments and IS management in planning new systems, upgrading systems, developing annual budget requirements, and building work programs.
Oversee MAC IS technical support
- Communicate regularly with MAC department managers, system users, and MAC IS management to ensure an appropriate understanding of support activities.
- Understand the departmental business and the related technologies in sufficient detail necessary to be able to trouble-shoot system problems, make corrections where appropriate, lead efforts of problem resolution, and to converse effectively with MAC departments and technology solution providers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communicate clear performance expectations and standards to direct report employees.
- Provide timely performance feedback to department employees.
- Provide opportunity and support for growth and development toward the accomplishment of department objectives.
- Conduct performance reviews.
- Perform job responsibilities relative to MAC Policy 20-01, Code of Ethics.
- Promote a safe working environment.
Position Requirements: MAC Leadership Competency Requirements
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and communicate vision for area of responsibility, support mission, vision and values of the organization; champion change and innovation.
- Judgment: Analyze issues before making decisions, use sound judgment, consider immediate and long-term impact of decisions, apply systems thinking.
- Business Knowledge: Apply technical/functional expertise, apply financial knowledge, provide thorough analysis, understand and manage technology and other resources for maximum impact on productivity.
- Planning and Execution: Focus organization on high priority objectives, foster alignment, establish specific measurable objectives, manage and improve processes, hold people accountable for results.
- Motivation and Courage: Drive for results, willing to take a stand for the good of the organization, make sacrifices for the good of the organization, take responsibility for consequences.
- Leadership Skills: apply influencing skills; build talent and bench strength; coach and develop people; engage and inspire people to reach their potential; foster collaboration.
- Communication: Foster open two-way communication, speak with impact, listen and respond with empathy, communicate effectively in writing, apply meeting protocol in public and private forums, produce thorough and accurate reports, communicate effectively in public presentations.
- Self-management: Inspire trust, demonstrate adaptability and flexibility, practice self-development.
- Collaboration: Foster cooperation across departmental boundaries, respond to requests for assistance in a timely manner, follow through on stated commitments.
- Approachability: Encourage frequent open communication, accessible, visible in the organization, maintain calm and collected presence, welcome suggestions and feedback.
- Budget Accountability: Ensure that budget targets for service centers within the individual’s area are met, identify and implement budget saving recommendations.
- Performance Leadership: Conduct performance reviews for employees within the service centers in this individual’s area of responsibility, ensure accountability of managers reporting to this individual regarding performance including dealing with performance issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Management or related field.
- Five years of experience managing system support technical professionals who work directly with end-user staff and information technology professionals.
- Five years of management experience in hiring, evaluating and reviewing staff performance, and managing performance issues when necessary, planning and assigning work, managing small to large sized work projects (of multi-year duration and $50,000-$2,000,000 in budget).
- Five years of professional technical experience with system software such as Microsoft operating systems, database, directory and collaboration products, security products such as McAfee security suites, and performance management products such as SolarWinds Orion.
- Five years of professional technical experience with network design and troubleshooting in a TCP/IP environment.
- Demonstrated skills in building successful work teams.
- Demonstrated skills in project management.
- Demonstrated skills in effective communication with technical and non-technical staff, both oral and written.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable vehicle to commute between job sites.
- Pass a comprehensive background check.
- Formal training in modeling and planning.
- Formal training and/or experience in preparing budgets and performing financial analysis.
- Advanced degree in MIS, Management of Technology or related field.