THE RIGHT STAFF has a direct hire opportunity working as a payroll generalist at one of the largest contractors serving the Natural gas and petroleum industry in the Midwest.
To apply for this position:
**APPLY ONLINE NOW:
Qualified applicants may choose to apply directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Independently process high volume weekly (hourly) payroll cycle utilizing a computer- based system (Viewpoint Construction software experience helpful).
- Prepare all required federal and state quarterly and annual tax returns including federal forms 941, 940, W-2s and all state unemployment tax returns
- Prepare and pay monthly union reports
- Reconcile payments and reports for accuracy and compliance
- Interpret pay policies (e.g. vacation, LOA, disability) and ensure appropriate amounts/deductions are calculated and applied to various accounts correctly
- Act as primary contact for Time and Attendance vendor to ensure up to date application of upgrades, documentation and vendor management
- Provide customer service to all levels of the organization
- Manage and monitor government regulated earnings and deductions including garnishments and 401(k)
A minimum of FOUR YEARS PAYROLL and UNION experience is required.
- Organization skills, process improvement mentality, and a strong initiative needed.
- Experience with administration of high volume multi-state payroll process for 500+ employees required.
- Experience auditing payroll and tax reports, scheduling and transmitting vendor interfaces, managing time and attendance vendors, and troubleshooting is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. Emphasis in Human Resources, Accounting, Computer Systems, or related field preferred.
- Requires strong verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Must have proven customer service skills and results oriented.
- The ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment is needed. Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Excel, MS office, H.R. and payroll applications is a must.
CLIENT INFORMATION & LOCATION: Big Lake, MN.
THE RIGHT STAFF wants to help you succeed! We want to get to know you, your skills, interests, and goals. Our team of seasoned professionals works to match you to the best job, best fit, and best location. We provide interview coaching. We can connect you with some of the area’s leading employers. We are here to help you!
Temporary assignments to full-time permanent positions, THE RIGHT STAFF is ready to assist you! Let us help you create YOUR success!
We thank all interested candidates; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.