This job is no longer available
Hours: Full-Time Position. M-F 11:30 am to 7:30 pm (may change with Business needs)
- Uphold Hawkins Incorporated’s standard of excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers. Participates in the continuous improvement process that relates to this position to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Accurately, completely fill out required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ability to safely operate independently while adhering to all company SOPs to comply with all applicable Federal, State, and Corporate environmental, safety and health regulations Communicate compliance, safety, and equipment needs as personally identified. Comply with all mandatory Environmental, Health, & Safety and process specific training and participate as a member of the emergency response team (HAZWOPER 40 Hour certification) Safely operate motorized equipment (e,g, forklifts, skid loader, front end loader, company pickup, Trackmobile)
- JOB SPECIFIC
- Load/unload bulk tank trucks
- Support Bleach MFG operations
- Unload railcars
- Operate Forklift & Trackmobile
- Perform inspection and maintenance of Equipment
- Count inventory
- Operate waste treatment system
- Perform emergency response
- Perform housekeeping and cleaning
- Use Hawkins computer system
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work between Red Rock and Terminal 1 (St. Paul Locations)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written channels. High school diploma or equivalent required, 2 year technical degree preferred. Basic computer skills (MS Office) required, and MRP (JDEdwards) experience preferred. Ability to operate an industrial fork truck required; previous experience preferred. 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment required, previous experience handling chemicals is preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. 10-20 feet up to 10 times/day; ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, frequently. Must be able to pull/push equipment and/or piping weighing up to 100 pounds into position for 1 -2 minutes up to 40 times a day. Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 12 hours per day. Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 50 feet, on occasion. Ability to work in a warehouse facility where temperatures may range from 45 up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit; as well as work outside in all weather conditions; snow, rain, wind, and high humidity. Able to perform manual dexterity tasks. Ability to work in confined spaces. Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching. No exposed jewelry in body piercings when in a GMP production area. Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines. Due to chemical safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
Employee will participate in:
Company Safety Program
Company Quality Program
Company Drug Policy
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug Free Workplace Employer