****THIS POSITION IS OPEN ONLY TO CURRENT SMSC TEAM MEMBERS****
Assumes the role of “Communications Coordinator” in all events, including emergency situations. Receives complaints/requests for assistance from other departments, guests or outside agencies via radio and telephone and assigns or advises Security personnel as needed. Monitors all non-gaming areas, inside and outside, including all businesses and properties within SMSC to provide asset protection, prevention of illegal activities, and the safety of guests and team members through the use of closed-circuit television (CCTV). Monitors
- High School graduate or GED.
- Six months experience in a security officer/public safety/dispatcher field. Daily operations of a casino preferred.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, and electronic mail software.
- Must be able to pass a math skills test and reading comprehension test.
- Ability to prioritize several incidences (tasks) simultaneously.
- Ability to pass Emergency Fire Panel Test within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to pass a test of the casino’s policies and procedures, to include MICS.
Receives and disseminates telephone and radio communications relative to any and all activities occurring within the SMSC GE and Community Properties. Monitors and maintains fire panels, Crisis Alert system, C-Cure and panic alarms. Maintains accurate records and logs of radio transmissions, telephone calls, and other pertinent information related to Security, Surveillance, MD Fire and the dispatch center via iTrak. Captures, saves and attaches photos and video files of documentation and for aid in subsequent criminal prosecution.
Monitors all non-gaming areas, including all businesses and properties within SMSC to provide asset-protection, prevention of illegal activity, and safety of guests and team members. Performs surveillance coverage following established procedures and acts in accordance to regulatory compliance through the monitoring and reporting of Title 31.
Assumes "Emergency Command Center" responsibilities during all emergency situations. Performs emergency notifications to affected team members and upper management as directed.
Reviews surveillance footage and recreates incidents.