This job is no longer available
- Forecast, evaluate and execute the purchase of stock, component and supply inventories in a timely fashion to support adequate in-stock levels of all selling sku's.
- Maintain division and department budgeted inventory levels.
- Negotiate with company suppliers, using all ethical means possible, to get the best price, lead times, shipping, and payment terms without jeopardizing their ability to achieve a reasonable profit.
- Maintain good working relationship with all assigned vendors and increase vendor partnership.
- Resolve problem receiving’s, invoices, and defectives caused by incorrect or poor quality merchandise, pricing variances, overages and shortages. Ensure vendor compliance with Rockler’s terms and conditions.
- As required, secure alternate backup vendors for sourcing merchandise in the event availability problems are encountered and to insure the best pricing.
- Research and resolve in-stock product problems relating to packaging, UPC codes, SKU maintenance issues, MSDS information, product tolerances, variances and other.
- Evaluate solicited and unsolicited price quotes for product quality and value.
- Effective communication with all internal and external partners.
- Review Inventory Disposition reports and work closely with Category Management to determine sell down strategies for overstock and inventory obsolescence.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree desired.
- 3-5 years purchasing experience preferably in a retail and/or distribution environment.
- History of strong negotiation skills in dealing assertively and with a sense of urgency with suppliers.
- Excellent communication/organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively with the pressure of time constraints and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Previous experience with a computerized forecasting and purchase order system desired.
- Specific experience with hard goods, especially woodworking related products desired.
- Must be aware of product sourcing, favorable pricing and new product developments.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with DSRP software preferred.