Medical Lab Tech
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Aspen Medical Group, a Division of Allina Hospitals & Clinics, has more than 35 years of experience in health care, serving patients across the Twin Cities in 10 different locations. More than 160 experienced, board certified providers in 21 specialty areas provide primary and specialty care for patients ranging from infants to seniors. Aspen Medical Group is committed to utilizing best practice guidelines and continued research to achieve the best clinical outcomes for its patients.
- Collects specimens following appropriate collection procedures and processing of specimens
- Perform tests authorized by the clinic lab manager and follow all procedures for each test performed
- Record and report each test following laboratory policy
- Perform and document all needed instrument maintenance and perform and document all QC on each test system before patients are tested
- Graduate of an accredited MLT (CLT) or MT (CLS) program
- Performs moderate or high complexity testing with phlebotomy
New graduates must pass the ASCP and/or NCA board within 6 months of employment
- A minimum of 1 year of formal documented lab training of CLA/MLA with 5 years experience of HEW Tech performing moderate or high complexity testing with phlebotomy
- Medical Terminology required
- BLS required
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part Time (32 hours/week)
- Day/Evening Shift
- L113 Contract
The city of Maplewood, located just minutes from downtown St. Paul, is especially noted for two things: Maplewood Mall, a large regional shopping center; and 3M, whose corporate headquarters are located within the community. Maplewood is committed to maintaining its open space, and parks and wetlands, which make up about one-third of its land. This is a well-established community with many housing options and a shared school district with a neighboring community.
- Located 10 minutes from St. Paul
- Population = 35,080
- Service Area = 1,140,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Aspen Medical Group and Allina Health are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA