Business Analyst - (LIS) Lab Systems
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
- Consults with internal customers to analyze, design, develop and maintain technical application systems to support business needs.
- Translates business requirements into technical system specifications for other Information Services (IS) functions.
- Develops and provides training to end users on how to use functionality in the technical application system. Supports end users when they have questions or problemsusing the technical application system.
- Analysis and documentation
- Customer management and support
- Project management
Education / Experience:
- BS/BA or equivalent preferred or applicable work experience with technical application systems
- Minimum 3-4 years business applications experience in broader and complex area
- May have significant expertise in business area or with particular information system
- Implements, modifies, tests and administers business system applications
- Defines detailed requirements, analyzes business needs, and validates solution with the customer
- Develops collaborative partnerships across departments and business units
- Able to take initiative to become more knowledgeable about Allina’s business and the healthcare industry trends
- Challenges others thinking to create effective and efficient work processes
- Adapts quickly to changing business and technology needs
- Demonstrates sound business judgment
- Responsible for basic project planning and management
- Troubleshoots complex situations and relationships
- Ability to facilitate meetings
- Liaison between IS personnel and users to resolve workflow or functional questions
- Conducts analysis of business and users needs and revises existing system as needed
- Recommends and documents procedural changes
- Basic report writing and analysis, including design of simple computer screens and reports
- Strong communication skills internally and externally
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full time (40 hours per week).
- Days Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA