Celebrating 75 years of service in 2012, Dakota Electric Association provides electricity to more than 100,000 members throughout Dakota County and portions of Goodhue, Rice and Scott counties and is among the 25 largest electric cooperatives in the Country. Dakota Electric, a Touchstone Energy Partner, serves its member/owners with integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community.
Dakota Electric is looking for an Accountant to join our team.
Dakota Electric’s Accountant provides complete and accurate financial records and reports in accordance with established accounting policies and procedures which contribute to the efficient management of Dakota Electric.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Perform month end closing procedures, prepare journal entries, reconcile accounts, and assure proper classification of revenues and expenditures in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and review for accuracy including analysis of major budget to actual differences.
- Prepare audit schedules and assist in preparation of external reports including income tax returns, sales tax filings, property tax filings, rate cases and regulatory filings.
- Serve as a liaison with other departments, government agencies, external auditors and vendors to coordinate efforts and provide assistance with accounting related tasks, problems and issues.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Two or more years of professional experience in accounting. Lawson Software experience and /or CPA certification is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, both orally and in writing.
- Problem solving skills including identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner and skillfully gathering and analyzing information.
- Computer skills including the ability to work with and create excel spreadsheets for departmental use, and experience with financial software applications.
- Ability to generate creative solutions, develop innovative approaches and ideas and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the application of GAAP accounting principles.
Dakota Electric offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life, 401(k), and more. Interested individuals should apply online by November 30th at by clicking apply now.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA