This job is no longer available
Care Coordinator Nurse
University of Minnesota
Community-University Health Care Center
CUHCC's mission is to seek health equity in our community by advancing the well-being of diverse people. The clinic is known for providing high quality care to diverse patients and is moving forward in improving timely access to care for patients. This position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the clinic's services in providing care coordination for adults, children and families. This position reports to RN Care Coordinator Supervisor.
Duties, responsibilities, and performance expectations:
- Administers care/treatment to patients as ordered by medical and mental health providers with a focus on adults, families and children in the areas of preventive care and management of chronic disease.
- Arrange for home care treatment to patients as ordered by medical providers.
- Ensure that adults, children and families access needed referrals for specialty care and/or are connected with internal mental health or oral health care as appropriate.
- Plan, implement and conduct patient and family education projects or events related to preventive care (such as nutrition or oral health) or chronic care initiatives as appropriate.
- Develops patient care plans based on risk and overall patient care complexity.
- Communicates significant changes in patient status to provider team.
- Work with care managers to implement the adult, child and/or family's care plan.
- Educate patients around management of any chronic conditions, such as asthma or diabetes, and connect them to resources when their conditions are exacerbated.
- Facilitate medication refills and provide medication education for patients as needed.
- Identify and connect patients to community resources that will assist them in achieving good health outcomes.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in State of Minnesota.
For more information or to apply:
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.