This job is no longer available
Our client in the south metro is looking for a Personal Computer Support Specialist who would report to the I.S. Manager. This person will install, modify, and make minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, as well as providing phone support, technical assistance and training to system users by performing the following duties:
- Basic network troubleshooting and problem solving including cabling, network interface cards, protocols and workstation configurations.
- Installs computer notebook and desktop hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, scanners, memory and disk drives as need.
- Loads and configures specified software packages such as operating systems, e-mail clients, word processing or spreadsheet programs and other departmental specific software into computer.
- Performs software updates to operating systems and software packages.
- Responds to user inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, connectivity and operator problems
- Performs research to technical support requests using various tools such as the Internet, technical documentation and business partners and vendors.
Must have Associate’s degree or equivalent from 2 years college or technical school; or 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training. Knowledge and use of Microsoft Word 2010, Excel 2010, PowerPoint 2010, Outlook 2010, Access 2010 Windows 7 Professional/Ultimate, Windows XP Professional. Basic networking concepts such a TCP/IP, network addressing, client/server, peer-to-peer and file and print sharing services. Experience with VPN technology, Microsoft Exchange 2007, Windows 2008 Server, Active Directory a plus but not required. Salary $50,0000.
Please use the built-in StarTribune application feature to submit your resume and information or you may email it directly to email@example.com with PCSTIS in the subject line. Thank you!