This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities with a longstanding tradition of compassionate care and service; centers of excellence in cardiovascular care, oncology, neuroscience, orthopedics and obstetrics; and leadership in education and clinical research. Located in Minneapolis, Minn., Abbott Northwestern is a 633-bed hospital. Its 5,330 employees and 1,586 physicians care for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Provide patient care in a fast paced high energy environment.
Education / Experience:
Applicants for this position should apply with demonstrated high level performance in the following:
- Communication / Organization: strong verbal skills, ability to prioritized multiple tasks, delegation, computer entry skills and the ability to work independently.
- Critical Care Nursing: medication and procedure knowledge, cardiac rhythm interpretation, IV skills, and advanced assessment skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, ability to function both independently and as part of a team.
- Critical Thinking skills: ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Able to function independently. Ability to process critical details in high energy environment.
- Experience requirements:6 months ED experience in the last 12 months required. Past critical care experience preferred. CEN preferred.
- Medical terminology required.
- Patient assessment and treatment, IV starts, ECG monitoring, sedation, delegation, electronic charting.
Licensure/Certifications: ACLS, BLS, TNCC, & Minnesota RN license. PALS preferred.
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part-time: 30 hours/week
- Shift: Night
- Specific shift hours: 1900--0730
- Every 3rd weekend
- MNA contract
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA