Nurse Practitioner II - Sister Kenny Rehab
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities with a longstanding tradition of compassionate care and service; centers of excellence in cardiovascular care, oncology, neuroscience, orthopedics and obstetrics; and leadership in education and clinical research. Located in Minneapolis, Minn., Abbott Northwestern is a 633-bed hospital. Its 5,330 employees and 1,586 physicians care for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Position exists to support the Sister Kenny Rehabilitation Associates Practice in the role of outpatient rehabilitation follow-up care, Baclofen Pump maintenance and refills, new patient appointments, triage of patient needs , completion of patient forms, and simple assessments
- This Nurse Practitioner would be a full-time provider responsible for providing outpatient rehabilitation clinic care to patients at United Hospital with professional billing and revenue flowing through the Abbott Northwestern Hospital cost center
- The primary duties are to provide Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation care for needs such as therapy referrals, post rehabilitative admission assessment, forms, spasticity management, and initial evaluation and assessment of patients to the Sister Kenny Rehabilitation programs
- Masters Degree in Nursing required, Doctor of Nursing preferred
- Nurse Practitioner licensed required
- BLS certification required
- 1 - 2 years previous physical medicine and rehabilitation preferred
- 1 - 2 years previous hospital experience preferred
- Will consider candidate with a strong NP background in Neurology, Trauma, or Orthopedics
- Medical terminology required
- Patient care experience in Rehabilitation Therapy, Orthopedics, Neurology, or Trauma
- Strong acute care nursing skills and experience
- Detailed oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a highly active environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to problem solve
- Computer and business skills - Windows, Excel, Word Perfect, Word preferred
- Self-directed, reliable, consistent
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full-time: 40 hours/week
- Day Shift
- Monday - Friday: 8am - 4:30pm
- No weekends
- Non Contract
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 287,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA