Sleep Center Coordinator
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Buffalo Hospital, located on the western edge of the Twin Cities metro area in Buffalo, Minn., has twice been named as the Best Minnesota Hospital Workplace. Buffalo Hospital has more than 400 employees, 180 physicians, and 34 staffed beds. It is a state-of-the-art facility with expanded or new facilities for emergency, urgent care, diagnostic imaging, surgery and outpatient center, cardiac center, sleep center and rehabilitation. The care team is noted for its passion in providing personalized, patient-centered care for nearly 66,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
Responsible for the majority of the day-to-day operations of the department. This includes scoring, review of quality of acquisition and scoring, technical resource for staff, patients and providers, presentation of community classes, accreditation preparation and maintenance of standards, assistance with roll-out of new technology and equipment, interface with provider and assist as needed, acquisition of day studies, set-up of noc ox, actigraphy and home sleep studies.
- Graduate of AMA approved sleep technology program or equivalent
- 3 + years experience in acquisition and scoring
- Previous leadership responsibilities preferred
- Highly engaged, skilled leader with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) who is passionate about the field of Sleep Medicine and growing it at Buffalo hospital
- This could include PAP-naps, pre-op OSA eval, Drowsy driver education, etc.
- Candidate must be able to multitask while maintaining a patient centered focus
- Previous experience with accreditation process preferred
- Candidate must technically excel; Must have an eye for detail and monitoring for quality concerns and opportunities
- Interpersonal skills include integrity, respectful communication style, ability to work alone
- BRPT Registered Technologist
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full Time Position (40 Hours/Week)
- Day/Night Shift
- Occasional Weekend
- Non Contract
Located 35 minutes from Minneapolis or St. Cloud, the city of Buffalo lies at the intersection of two major highways and on two major recreational lakes, Buffalo Lake and Lake Pulaski. Quality education is very important to Buffalo residents, and it's one of the reasons many young parents are attracted to the Buffalo area. During the past 15 years, Buffalo has experienced enormous growth and development. This community offers both residents and guests a perfect mixture of modern conveniences and small town life. Although much has changed, Buffalo has retained its quaint feel and charm of the past
- Located 35 miles Northwest of Minneapolis
- Population = 15,000
- Service Area = 123,500
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA