Sr. Java Developer
As a Senior Systems Developer, you will be responsible for leading the analysis and the development of modifications to packaged or custom software and/or developing new solutions to support specific business needs. You will work closely with other Systems Developers, Associate Systems Developers, Project Managers, and Business Analysts to develop or maintain systems as designed.
A Systems Developer must have skill in converting specifications and procedures of high complexity into application and software solutions. This person will be able to create, modify, and extend Java applications leveraging Oracle, Hibernate, Struts, and other java structures. This person writes and communicates moderately to very complex functional and technical specifications. Communicates well both verbally and in writing. Is able to document code and assist in creating technical specifications from business requirements. Participates in the ongoing development of technical best practices and overall team development.
The Senior Systems Developer is expected to perform design activities with an enterprise mindset. This involves understanding the complex interplay between mission critical applications, and the underlying architecture of applications themselves. Some of these key applications include Capella’s online courseroom, online portal - iGuide, Capella Mobile platform and other web services that the team develops.
- Performs analysis assistance, development (coding), and implementation of modifications to purchased or custom applications, or developing new custom software to enhance value to the business per designed specifications.
- Provides level 3 support of development after implementation of enterprise applications
- Collaborates with project team members and other information technology colleagues to create architecture and systems from defined customer requirements.
- Participates and develops new software releases, assists in creating test plans, and assists in creating implementation plans.
- Troubleshoots and recommends solutions to existing production issues.
- Is able to document code and assist in developing end-user support plans.
- Participates in the software selection process for new enterprise applications
- Provides oversight and general best practice tools and techniques to associate level developers
- Participates in the ongoing development of technical best practices with other IT Development staff.
Apply online at www.capella.edu/careers. Click on “search and apply” to begin.