This job is no longer available
We are searching for a Java Developer to join a dynamic team that creates a meaningful and inspiring experience on roomandboard.com. Our website is a critical sales channel, and our development team is highly valued by their business partners. This individual will build Java-based, database driven applications, as well as maintain and enhance existing applications to meet Room & Board’s specific business needs.
In this role, our Java Developer will:
- Develop innovative software using industry best practices in a team of high-performing professionals.
- Collaborate in a team environment using a lightweight agile-like development process.
- Analyze and design object-oriented systems.
- Maintain and support mission-critical applications.
- Participate in group improvement activities and initiatives to improve quality and pursue excellence.
- Utilize an agile-like development process and use widely accepted open source projects like Tomcat, Spring, and JUnit.
- Work closely with our Web Business Analyst to understand requirements and develop solutions that adhere to industry and Room & Board standards.
This individual must have at least three years of Java web development experience. They also possess experience with object-oriented analysis and design, as well as SQL and relational database systems.
Our work environment at Room & Board is unique. As a Java Developer you will:
- Have the freedom to choose the tools and o/s (Linux, Mac, or Windows) that make you the most productive
- Have the ability to influence technical decisions
- Be encouraged to bring new ideas forward
- Work in an environment that is very supportive of open source
- Use the following tools and technologies: Java 6, Apache, Tomcat 7, Spring 3, Mockito, Groovy, Sitemesh, JQuery, Freemarker, Atlassian tool suite
- Work in a casual environment
Room & Board is an environment of inclusion.