Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Through member and provider contact, the Transportation Representative will coordinate accurate and efficient transportation of members to covered services. Contact will take place via telephone, fax, voice mail and in person. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Answer, resolve, track and document telephone calls from members and providers in a timely and professional manner. Interpret member eligibility and coverage through thorough knowledge of the contracts, policies and procedures. Communicate with internal departments, members, providers and other customers regarding the transportation benefit in both verbal and written form, including faxing rides to providers at the appropriate times.
- Evaluate rider needs to provide best use of provider resources including bus passes, vans, or taxi cabs.
- Identify trends/issues that emerge in calls/correspondence, and inform the Team Lead or Supervisor. Assist in the development and communication of resolutions to internal staff as requested.
- Demonstrate and maintain a thorough and complete working knowledge of appropriate UCare information management systems and the ACD phone system.
- Maintain good working relationships and open communication with internal and external customers.
- Attend department and other meetings as requested
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
A high school graduate or equivalent is required. A minimum of one year relevant experience, including customer service and/or call center experience is also required. Proficient PC skills are required. A minimum of one year customer service experience in a call center environment is preferred. A working knowledge of State Public Programs, or customer service experience in a health plan or clinic setting is helpful. Experience working with a transportation company as a dispatcher or scheduler is a plus.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE/AA
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.