Senior Wellness Coordinator
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Senior Wellness Coordinator will lead, develop, and implement health promotion programming for senior UCare members. Primary responsibility for fitness benefits for UCare for Seniors, MSHO, and Connect products. Lead and participate in other member health initiatives, including tobacco quitline, mammography incentive, falls prevention, and other projects as assigned. Provide expertise to other UCare departments and initiatives as assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage all components of health and wellness programs for UCare for Seniors and UCare's Minnesota Senior Health Options members. Negotiate and maintain contracts with community partners and health clubs. Manage and track data transfer and reimbursement process from health clubs, community class locations, and fitness kits. Track member participation in assigned programs, monitor improvement outcomes, and provide ongoing program evaluation. Assist in monitoring workflow, training, and coaching of Health Promotion support staff.
- Manage and supervise group fitness program, including instructors and master trainers. Provide oversight, training and guidance in line with national program guidelines. Primary liaison with Seattle Senior Services license holder. Participate in collaboratives with other fitness providers and community stakeholders.
- Participate in projects or workgroups to assist UCare Star Ratings, member behavior change initiatives, and preventive quality health improvement goals. Provide ongoing monitoring, evaluation and issue resolution of assigned projects. Systematically develop key objectives, activities, outcome and process measurement plans. Manage within budget and deliverable dates.
- Provide expertise to key internal and external customers regarding health and wellness iniatives for seniors. Liaison with Clinical Services/Disease Management and Star Ratings workgroups as assigned. Identify potential new prevention initiatives or health promotion opportunities for seniors designed to ensure UCare achieves and maintains a leadership position in improving member health.
- Coordinate tobacco quitline vendor and member health improvement activities aimed at reducing tobacco use. Manage mammography incentive for assigned member groups. Serve as internal expert on preventing falls for members.
- Support development of Health Promotion department strategies and reports. Maintain current, accessible and useful methods of documenting and evaluating programs. Produces monthly report on assigned program activity.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Health Education, Public Health, or equivalent degree required. Five years experience in a health delivery setting, such as a health department, physician group practice, nonprofit agency, health plan, or community clinic, including experience in administrative or project manager role, required.
Experience working with older adults, with exercise, nutrition and wellness programming preferred. Master’s degree in Health Education, Public Health or equivalent preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.