Quality Assurance Analyst
This job has now expired
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for creating, reviewing and maintaining project test artifacts, to meet UCare's compliance controls, while collaborating with business partners to define and create test plans and scenarios. Define the test process deliverables, accountable for test execution, validation and defect resolution while ensuring the business users and Information Services technical resources are organized for effective support of the testing activities. Communicate project status, issues and defects to Project Managers, Development Teams, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Manager, and Business sponsors..
- Analyze and dissect system requirements and technical specifications to create and execute test cases for business initiative.
- Write test cases and execute testing while providing test results summaries.
- Log and drive defect resolution.
- Collaborate with appropriate areas on defects, problems, changes and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and /or functionality within Information Services software.
- Assist business users in defining User Acceptance Testing, test plans, and test cases.
- Actively participate in walk-through, reviews and user group meetings for quality assurance.
- Collaborate with business users, system analysts, designers and programmers to create and analyze various required project documents.
- Participate in production implementation verification and being accountable for validating system quality.
- Plan, document, evaluate and track testing results to ensure system applications are free from defects.
- Comply with standards of the software development life cycle and follow strategies, plans and procedures within information Services software. Comply with standards and strategies of the software development life cycle.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in business or computer science preferred; candidates with related disciplines will also be considered.
Required Experience: Three years of IT Quality Assurance/Testing experience. Understanding of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle. Experience with SQL and PL/SQL. EDI experience with claims processing workflow.Prefferred Experience: Healthcare; Managed Care; ITIL and/or IT industry standard frameworks.
Database testing experience.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE/AA
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.