Shop Operations Manager – Anoka, MN
Power Generation Services (PGS) in Anoka MN, a subsidiary of Mechanical Dynamics & Analysis Ltd. (MD&A), a world class supplier for power generation maintenance services, repairs and parts in the utility and industrial industries, has an immediate opening in its Anoka Turbine Service Repair facility for qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work. The position will be responsible for planning, coordinating and Managing shop resources as it pertains to steam turbine repairs (machining and welding) at customer’s site and at the PGS Anoka facility, (~20 skilled technicians). 10% travel. Relocation Assistance Available.
Plan and schedule staffing, machine and welding tool resources for completing repair projects. . Create, edit, revise, implement and provide quality control for repair processes and procedures. Interview, hire, and train new employees. Create and update production schedules. Interface with customers and their representatives in person and by teleconference. Manage tooling and consumable stock and inventory. Assist with bidding process and RFQ’s.
Successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- 5+ Years experience in the supervision and/or experience in steam turbine component repair relating to machining and/or welding .
- Knowledge of machining practices, welding and heat treatin Previous Project Manager or field service in power industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel, scheduling, etc.)
PGS provides an excellent full range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PGS is an equal opportunity employer.