This job is no longer available
SecureConnect seeks a phenomenally talented technical leader to manage all technology decision-making and development on its way to becoming the dominant leader in managed network security. Seldom do such rare opportunities emerge that allow the right person to help shape a company’s technology strategy, drive its execution, and simultaneously drive the growth of one of the fastest growing companies in America. The ideal candidate is wicked-smart, intense competitor whom smart people love to follow because this candidate is always working on great projects and has a long and successful track record of being near the action and doing the impossible.
Description of Role:
The VP of Technology at SecureConnect will be responsible for executing on the company’s overall technology vision, shaping its technical strategy, and driving its development and engineering execution in order to firmly place SecureConnect as the dominant leader in providing cutting-edge network security to our markets. This person will recruit world-class talent, manage the appropriate development and engineering methodologies, and create the proper organizational structure to drive high performing teams with relentless execution. This person will constantly be staying up-to-date with emerging technologies, technology trends, standards, and stakeholders and work in tandem with the other members of the executive team to further define our technology roadmap and deliver against it. This person will play a key role in developing and sustaining a culture of passion, hard-work, and innovation that will make SecureConnect the place to be for anyone interested in managed network security services.
This role has the responsibility for building, motivating, and mentoring the software, engineering, and infrastructure teams necessary to develop and maintain SecureConnect’s suite of managed network security services. This suite of services includes the multi-site deployment and management of technologies such as UTM appliances, VPNs, endpoint security applications, SIEM, log aggregation, wireless and vulnerability scanning; leveraging industry leading partners such as Fortinet, SPLUNK, Rapid7, Nessus, and Array Networks. Other responsibilities include:
- Lead the execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Build and manage a top-tier technology team and oversee research and development, software development, systems administration, infrastructure, as well as project management.
- Strategic planning for all product development efforts to include the subsequent testing, release and production environment needs
- Overseeing all activities of the development groups (development, QA, and application release)
- Planning the overall architecture of our products and support infrastructure including day-to-day operations in conjunction with SecureConnect’s IT and Operations departments.
- Assuming overall responsibility for the current and long range direction of technology for both internal and external managed solutions by enhancing and implementing best-in-class programs, policies, practices and systems while delivering high quality and repeatable results
- Supporting the development of the company’s product roadmap
- Establishing departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures
- Staying abreast of new technologies and issues in the security and MSSP industry, including current technologies, platforms, standards and methodologies
- Defining and communicating corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and designing new products
- Recruiting, managing and continuously developing through leadership and collaborative team building a world-class team of technology professionals viewed as the leader in network security services
- Participating in the strategic business and product planning process
- Being actively engaged in technology standard settings and compliance boards and organizations that may impact the company and its offerings
- Being an active spokesperson and evangelist both internally and externally by communicating and promoting the company’s technology vision and solutions
- Evaluating new technologies and solutions in the market and being responsible for keeping abreast of trends that may impact the company
- Identifying opportunities to leverage offshore resources to meet project demand.
- Ensuring the knowledge sharing of engineering and security best practices across departments; and developing and monitoring technical standards to ensure adherence to them.
- Being directly responsible for establishing and managing the operating budget to maximize utilization of resources and delivery of products and solutions.
SecureConnect seeks an experienced technology leader, an executive who can step in and lead our fast growing and dynamic technology teams. An ideal candidate would show:
- Previous senior leadership roles in software development, information security, and/or information technology.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related engineering field
- Comfort with public speaking and presentations
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%)
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
A leading Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) in the United States, SecureConnect has experienced double-digit revenue growth for the past five years. With national clients such as Culver’s, Wendy’s, Choice Hotels, Dairy Queen, and Taco John’s, SecureConnect focuses on providing PCI compliance and network security solutions to franchisors and their franchisees in the multi-site retail industry.
The company has been nationally recognized for its success as it was named for three consecutive years (2012, 2011, 2010) on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the country’s fastest growing companies. In addition, SecureConnect has established itself locally, ranking as one of the 50 fastest-growing private companies in Minnesota by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal and named by the Star Tribune as one of the top 100 places to work.