Human Resources Coordinator
This job has now expired
The Human Resources Coordinator coordinates with all corporate and field functions to provide support to the Human Resources Department for a designated geographical area by tracking human resources documents and answering questions from field employees regarding, among other things, the online hiring process, payroll, leaves of absence, human resources forms. Work with appropriate HR leaders to assist in the coordination of the interview and screening process.
- Four-year high school degree required
- Proficiency in computer use, including e-mail and word processing programs is required. Experience in using online assessments for hiring practices is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Strong inter-personal skills required
- Reading, writing, and basic mathematical skills required to assist with the completion of company forms and compliance documents
- Strong organizational skills required
- Basic knowledge of matters regarding employee payroll, benefits, insurance, and leaves of absence preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work as a team with various levels of employees.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to explain potentially complex matters to field employees
- Bilingual skills a plus but not required.
- Self-starter, willing to follow-up on various matters
- Objective and practical when speaking with various levels of employees
- High-energy and enthusiastic team member
- Patient when answering questions and explaining various matters to employees and when dealing with difficult employees
- Strong desire to build relationships with employees in various corporate functions to deliver best results for field employees and Human Resources Department
- Flexible, able to think on his/her feet
- Coordinate and follow-up on the collection and tracking of employee documents regarding matter such as benefits, insurance, leaves of absence, and payroll with field management and related corporate functions. Respond to related questions from field employees.
- Manage all aspects of the online job application and assessment tools, such as create and assist with posting job openings, trouble shoot and track applicants.
- Serve as point-of-contact for job applicants regarding online job applications and assessments. Follow-up with applicants who have not completed the online application or assessment process.
- Coordinate review of online job applications and assessments with field management and the Human Resources Department, as necessary.
- Maintain and coordinate the maintenance of personnel records, as necessary.
- Document Human Resources functions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Communicate with field employees and corporate support functions mostly via e-mail and telephone to respond to inquiries from field employees regarding employee matters
- Review and analyze corporate documents regarding matters including payroll, benefits, and insurance to respond to inquiries from field employees.
- Process salon payroll for new hires, manager changes, transfers, separations, pay changes, pay issues, payroll audits, I-9s, waivers, etc.
- Works with HR leaders to process HR audits to ensuring that paperwork, documentation and record keeping meet company, federal and state guidelines.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Occasional lifting up to 10 pounds to pick up boxes of employee documents/files.
- Continuous sitting.
- Ability to effectively use technical devices.
- Occasional reaching with arms and hands to reach corporate files or documentation or salon postings
- Occasional climbing required to reach documentation files
- Ability to read and complete company forms and documents.
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken form with corporate and field employees regarding employee relations issues.