Patient Access Spec-Intermediate (Apple Valley, MN)
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, Minn., is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year. With 3,400 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital has earned a reputation for excellence in patient care and state-of-the-art facilities, including innovative programs such as the John Nasseff Heart Hospital and John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute.
United Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Welcome and greet patients coming to Apple Valley Medical Imaging part of United Hospital
- Obtain patient demographic and insurance information
- Obtain signatures on appropriate documents
- Enter orders and schedule patients for procedures
- Verify insurance and obtain benefit information
- Collect co-pays and deductible when appropriate
- High school education
- Medical terminology preferred
- 1 year customer service experience
- 1-2 years office experience
- Must be comfortable asking for money from patients
- Experience working with computers
- General understanding of healthcare and insurance
- Experience in a high volume, fast paced environment needed
- Proficient in PC including Word and Excel
- Detail oriented
- Customer service oriented
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part-time: 24 hours/week
- Day/Evening Shift
- Every weekend: Every Saturday & Sunday, 10am - 10pm
- Non Contract
Apple Valley is home to the Minnesota Zoo and Imax. The Mall of America is within 5 minutes. Our "Apple Core" Downtown has over 200 shops, 60 restaurants and hotels. You and your family are minutes from fun, dinner and shopping. The schools are top notch. Apple Valley is the 24th Best Place to Live, Money Magazine, July 2008.
- Located 20 minutes south of downtown Minneapolis or St. Paul
- Population = 45,500
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA