Patient Representative (Sports Medicine Clinic)
This job has now expired
University of Minnesota Physicians Sports Medicine Clinic is opening January, 2013. It is located on campus at Stadium Village next to the TCF Bank Stadium. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon. This position is part time, 20 hours per week.
As a Patient Representative, you will maintain a welcoming, friendly profile in the clinic and will be responsible for the professional and efficient operation of clinic reception check-in process. You will utilize strong customer service skills and promote the UMP philosophy of patient centered care to meet the needs of all visitors. You will welcome visitors, provide non-clinical information, collect co-pays, and enter patient, referring physician and health insurance information into an online system. You will ensure all required patient documents are completed. You will maintain an inviting clinic lobby/patient waiting area help arrange any accommodation or interpreter services needed for the patient visit, complete pre-visit information files, prints labels and prepare patient chart.
In order to qualify for this role, you must possess:
- Post high school education
- Basic medical terminology training and keyboarding skills
- Knowledge of environment of care and infection control practices
- Previous clerical experience in a medical or customer service setting
- Previous computer entry experience with ability to learn new applications and work processes
- Keyboarding skills of 35 wpm
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Good prioritization, data entry skills, dependable and team player
- Flexible with assignments and able to performe a wide variety of front desk functions
- Previous Epic Experience
- Medical Assistant preferred
As an UMPhysicians employee, we will provide you with a competitive salary and benefits. You will have the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and opportunities for advancement.