STS Registry Clinical Data Abstractor
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
- Reviews the patient's medical record, collects and enters medical and procedural information into the STS (Society of Thoracic Surgery) database.
- The database is specifically for thoracic and esophageal types of procedures.
- Provides analysis of data and participates in quality improvement initiatives.
- This person maintains expertise and participates in processes to ensure data accuracy and reliability.
Education / Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited RN school
- Minimum 3 years of hospital experience
- Data abstraction experience preferred
- Medical terminology required
- RN license required
- Experience with electronic medical records and chart review / abstraction preferred
- Knowledge of computers in window environment and Microsoft software
- Typing / data entry accuracy
- Strong organizational, time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable working with physicians and able to develop professional relationships with other key stakeholders, such as quality leaders
- Flexibility to travel to other Allina facilities
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full time (40 hours per week)
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA