This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
This position supports the management / maintenance of the Excellian (Epic) Procedure Master (EAP) and related files for one of Minnesota's largest integrated health care delivery systems. In this position you will also:
- Develop the organization's changing methodologies, ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Assist in affiliate Excellian implementations.
- Serve as a charging expert to internal customers.
- Prepare and deliver educational services to hospitals, clinical and financial departments manager's relative to charge code and charge description master maintenance, and regulatory and compliance rules.
- Work collaboratively with other teams in seeking revenue opportunities.
Education / Experience:
- BA / BS or equivalent preferred or applicable work experience.
- 3-5 years' experience working in a healthcare setting.
- Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPC and Revenue Codes.
- Knowledge of medical and medical billing terminology.
- Experience with healthcare revenue systems (Example: Epic).
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access).
- Knowledge and understanding of hospital operations (Examples: registration, health information management, patient care).
- Extensive problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Project Management Skills - self-directed, organized and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently / self-directed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking.
- Ability to develop and deliver education materials.
- Ability to work on a team.
- Knowledge of clinical setting such as Laboratory, Radiology, Physical or Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Cardiology, Oncology.
- Ability to research complex coding and regulatory requirements.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full time (40 hours per week)
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA