Security Officer - United Hospital
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Hospitals & Clinics, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
- Responds to all emergencies within the hospital campus
- Controls situations and takes appropriate action/intervention to reduce injury, property damage or loss
- Performs patrols and escorts on hospital property
- Investigates calls for service and prepares written reports
- Staffs the Communications center
- Monitors critical building security systems, e.g., cameras, alarms, and building access controls
- Ensures that all calls for service and alarms are responded to and resolved in an appropriate and timely manner
- Enforces criminal ordinances and makes physical arrests
- Understands and enforces administrative rules. Serves as a department liaison to hospital, department, and other customers
- Uses all equipment in an appropriate manner
- High school graduate or GED required
- Two years post secondary education, or currently enrolled, in a security, law enforcement, or criminal justice undergraduate degree program preferred.
- If no degree, must have 1-year experience in security, law enforcement, military police or related field
- POST Skills completed, International Association of Hospital Safety and Security (Basic), First Responder, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), or OSHA first responder certifications preferred
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified Forensic Interviewer (CFI), Physical Security Professional (PSP), Professional Certified Investigator (PCI), a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must. Basic office computer skills required
- Knowledge of verbal and physical de-escalation, use of force continuum and arrest laws preferred
- Must be in good physical condition and able to walk and stand for extended periods
- Employees must be able to make decisions and act independently without direct supervision when making enforcement decisions and in meeting emergencies
License Required: Current, Valid MN Driver's License
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Casual position
- Evening Shift
- Non Contract
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 287,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA