Nurse Manager, CV-IR Lab
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Unity Hospital, located in Fridley, Minn. serves the northern metropolitan communities with a full continuum of care and services and is known for its expertise in bariatrics and obstetrical care. For more than 40 years, Unity has been dedicated to providing care to nearly 250,000 households in more than 26 neighboring communities. With 1,500 employees and 221 staffed beds, Unity provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 107,000 patients each year. More than 635 affiliated specialists serve the patients of Unity Hospital.
- This position provides leadership for the day to day operations for the 3 room CV-IR Labs which includes: Cardiac Cath, Electrophysiology, Peripheral Vascular Surgery, and IR in addition to leading Cardiac Rehab, IV Therapy, and Special Diagnostics.
- Partner with Allina CSL and functional areas such as CV service line, IR, Supply Chain, Materials Management, Chargemaster, Finance, and IT to ensure clinical and operational success.
- Partner with metro hospital CV lab operations managers to ensure consistent practices across Allina.
- Supply Chain management, inventory control, and patient procedural charging are key components of daily operations.
- System management and staff direction in these areas will require a focus on medical supply technologies and evolving patient charging strategies.
- BA/BS degree in Nursing required
- RN Licensure required
- 3 years of supervisory or management experience, preferably in a clinic/hospital based clinic environment
- Evidence of continued growth and leadership
- Strong knowledge and experience of Cardiovascular technologies: imaging, hemodynamic monitoring, and clinical devices
- Proven organizational skills, communication, systems development
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Accreditation
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain management needs
- Focus on good customer service traits and stewardship
- BLS certification
- ACLS preferred
- Candidate must have and be willing to provide strong leadership skills including motivating others, team building, dealing with change, and providing coaching through positive and negative events
- Demonstrated strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills (oral and written) with staff and while collaborating with outside departments that support our operations
- Knowledge of existing and new technology and coding frameworks
- The ability to design and lead process improvement to increase efficiencies and decrease patient lead times
- Ability to learn, access, and utilize all resources available to Allina managers
- Ability to prepare, maintain, and access detailed records, files, and reports as needed
- Knowledge of professional and technical billing knowledge
- Understand and learn Revenue Cycle management/improvement and updating support staff as needed
- Strong knowledge of medical/surgical products and distribution methods at Allina
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full Time
- 40 hours/week
- Day Time; Monday-Friday
- Occasional Evenings & Weekends
Fridley is known for a small-town atmosphere in the midst of a metro area. Fridley schools experience unusually strong enrollment by nonresidents who cite quality academics, good school climate, and personalized attention for each student, as their reasons for choosing the Fridley Schools.
- Located 15 miles North of Minneapolis
- Population = 20,000
- Service Area = 600,350
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA