CADD Tech III
A two-year degree in drafting technology or a related field is highly desirable; however, applicable experience may be accepted. A minimum of 10+ years of experience is required and previous experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D software. The individual must interact with people at all levels and communicate effectively. Strong computer skills with drafting emphasis, detail-oriented, self-starter, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential. A valid drivers license is required, or the ability to obtain one.
The CADD Technician III provides technical support services and senior leadership in technical support services.
- May be a client manager for specific clients or projects in the Municipal Practice Area.
- Provide senior leadership and mentorship to CADD Technicians I and II.
- May manage and direct staff members.
- Responsible for managing employees or workforce on applicable design and construction projects.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Recommend appropriate training opportunities for staff members.
- Identify, review, resolve, oversee, and ensure implementation of processes and procedures as they are created, revised, and completed for smooth flow of communication and work.
- Strong supporter and advocate of corporate initiatives and corporate culture.
- Have extensive knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, and policies pertaining to company practices and be able to communicate these effectively to other staff members.
- Provide CADD Technician I and II services when needed and as described in the job descriptions for those positions.
- Provide all services in a legal and ethical manner.
- Exercise independent thinking, creativity, and initiative in the performance of these duties.
- Perform all responsibilities with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Must project a professional, positive attitude and exercise confidentiality.
- Work effectively both independently and as team member.
- Understand, interpret, participate in, and implement company-mandated safety policies.
- Travel is minimal; may work overtime, especially during the construction season.