Senior Pipeline Engineer
The Senior Pipeline Engineer will work with the Practice Area Leader (PAL) and the Pipeline Group Manager to develop, and lead a team to provide engineering and construction management services on multiple Oil, Gas and Municipal projects.
· Individual tasks will fall into three general areas of responsibility: project management, client management, and business development.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects to provide planning, engineering, and construction management services to Oil and Gas industry and Municipalities.
- Will be fully responsible for the performance of quality, budget, and schedules.
- Provide technical guidance on oilfield development requirements.
- Manage the relationship between KLJ and the clients with responsibility to satisfy client expectations, anticipate additional requirements, and assure timely payments. The goal is to develop strong, long-term relationships with clients and secure a continuous flow of work.
- Assist the Marketing Management Team, PAL and the Pipeline Group Manager in developing the KLJ business development strategy for the Oil and Gas industry and lead the execution of that strategy.
· Provide services for projects to include design, plans, specifications, reports, maps, environmental impacts, project budgets, scope of work, permits, contracts, schedules, estimates, surveying, data collection, construction observation, field investigation, and coordination of subconsultants and contractors.
· Provide services with accuracy, on time and under budget.
· Project manager, client manager, and project engineer on designated projects.
· This is a leadership position with a supervisory role which also includes which also includes conducting staff performance and behavior evaluations and team building efforts.
· Coordination of business development, marketing strategy, and handling of project financials to include developing accurate and detailed scopes of services, estimating the effort required to deliver those services, selling the client, and negotiating the contract requirements.
· Provide direction and review for and support to the group by leading design aspects of projects; instructing, training, and mentoring group members and support staff; and adhering to project budget and schedule.
· Provide quality control and quality assurance on all project work.
· Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies.
· Marketing responsibilities with clients to obtain work for the firm, prepares forecast of workload for assigned staff and closely monitors backlog.
· Confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews.
· Coordinate, facilitate, and attend internal and external meetings.
· Client contact and communication. Utilize effective communication skills to answer inquiries from coworkers, clients, or the public.
· Public involvement includes speaking and meeting with stakeholders as well as working with staff to produce reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material.
· Provide all engineering services in a legal and ethical manner.
· Serve as onsite project representative. Review construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
· Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally with contractors and clients.
· Exercise independent thinking, creativity, and initiative in the performance of these duties.
· Perform all responsibilities with attention to detail and deadlines.
· Must project a professional, positive attitude and exercise confidentiality.
· Work effectively both independently and as team member.
· Understand, interpret, participate in, and implement company-mandated safety policies.
· Travel is required; may work overtime, especially during the construction season.
A Bachelors degree in engineering or a related field from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred and 12+ years of experience with Gas and Fluids Pipelines. A PE (Professional Engineer) license is highly desired. The individual must interact with people at all levels and communicate effectively. Strong computer skills, detail-oriented, self-starter, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential. A valid drivers license is required, or the ability to obtain one.