Purpose of Position: Researches and analyzes federal and state laws and court decisions affecting the credit and collection industry and disseminates compliance-related information to members of ACA and association staff.
- Researches, monitors and analyzes legislation and judicial decisions relating to the credit and collection industry
- Summarizes relevant legislation and court decisions
- Develops and disseminates compliance information to Association members and staff
- Responds to members’ compliance inquiries regarding state and federal laws, state and federal court decisions, regulations and other issues
- Maintains and updates compliance pages of ACA’s website
- Writes and edits articles for Association publications and newsletters
- Directly participates in the development of compliance guides produced for ACA members
Experience: Ability to demonstrate experience and ability in the areas listed above. Degree in paralegal studies or paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Qualified applicants must have familiarity with legal writing principles and working knowledge of Westlaw or similar legal databases. 1-3 years relevant industry experience preferred.
Location: Position will be located in Minneapolis, MN and reports to the director of compliance.
Apply: Qualified applicants should submit the following materials for consideration:
- Cover Letter
- Salary requirements
- Legal writing sample (e.g., legal memorandum, case summary)
No staffing agencies or recruiting firms accepted.
ACA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.