This job is no longer available
Director of STEM Outreach & Education
Do you want to change the way America’s girls think about science, technology, engineering and math, or STEM? Then it’s time to contact tpt Twin Cities Public Television, home of the national PBS Kids series, SciGirls. We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Director of STEM Outreach & Education to lead the development and management of STEM activities for SciGirls and other tpt STEM initiatives. In this position you will be responsible for building partnerships and creating strategies to support SciGirls, leading outreach and training events, and managing grants from the private and corporate foundations as well as the National Science Foundation.
The Director of STEM Outreach & Education will direct work in the following areas:
• Direct SciGirls outreach and education programs and projects.
• Manage development and maintenance of relationships with STEM education experts and institutions to secure their input on STEM projects.
• Represent tpt’s STEM projects at professional conferences to increase awareness and build new relationships.
• Lead the instructional design and development of training materials both online and in-person.
• Conduct training workshops and conference presentations on behalf of SciGirls and other STEM projects.
• Work with tpt staff and external contractors as needed to develop, write and edit scientifically accurate and age-appropriate content to support STEM/SciGirls products and services, including external publications as needed.
• Act as Principal Investigator, Co-PI and/or Project Manager on SciGirls and STEM projects to ensure project goals and stakeholder expectations are met.
• Seek new grant opportunities, develop programmatic ideas, write and review proposals, identify research and evaluation teams, secure partnerships.
• Pursue concepts, relationships and opportunities to sustain current and develop new SciGirls/STEM projects.
• Lead the process of expanding SciGirls/STEM activities on the air, in interactive media and in face-to-face outreach and training activities, consistent with tpt’s strategic plan.
• Collaborate with colleagues and contractors, develop, research, conceptualize and, where required, draft and review proposals to secure funding for STEM projects.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to: create and execute strategy around funding STEM projects; build lasting relationships with national partners; and manage staff to provide opportunities for growth and high performance. This individual will be a strategic thinker, a driver of daily operations, able to participate collaboratively in a team, and be open to new ideas and perspectives.
The ideal candidates interested in applying for this position will have:
• 5+ years of experience managing outreach and education programs. A combination of education and successful work history in STEM program development and fundraising will also be considered.
• Credentials to function as Principle Investigator on projects, including advanced degree (masters, doctorate preferable) in a STEM field or STEM education.
• Demonstrated success in securing support for STEM related projects, including experience with major STEM funders such as National Science Foundation, NIH, and others.
• Experience in instructional design for in-person and web-based applications.
• Experience doing public presentations of STEM content and conducting training and/or workshops.
• Familiarity with media production and the creation of media-rich programming, applications and other materials for cross-platform dissemination.
• Proven employment experience managing staff.
• Exceptional project management skills.
• Ability to create effective, high quality relationships with internal and external constituents.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills with an emphasis on attention to details.
• A well-developed sense of strategy, and the ability to envision and communicate new ideas.
Twin Cities Public Television is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer