Trauma Coordinator/Patient Care Supervisor
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, Minn., is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year. With 3,400 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital has earned a reputation for excellence in patient care and state-of-the-art facilities, including innovative programs such as the John Nasseff Heart Hospital and John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute.
United Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Patient Care Supervisor functions as a supervisor in the clinical setting, as a resource, educational support, communication liaison, and role model of professional nursing practice
- The PCS assists the Patient Care Manager (PCM) in the responsibility for day-to-day operations and clinical coordination of the unit
- Participates in planning, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating patient care activities, staff education, and management activities as delegated by the Patient Care manager
- The Trauma Coordinator is responsible to develop and operationalize a systematic program to manage and advance trauma care for the community that United Hospital serves
- The programs support care provided in the continuum from injury and prevention, pre-hospital care, Emergency Department, OR, and ICUE, through inpatient care
- The individual in this role uses advanced knowledge, skills and abilities to promote optimal care through clinical activities, professional and public education, research activities, and quality improvement leadership
- BSN/BAN or an Associate Degree in Nursing with a related Bachelor's Degree or active enrollment in a BSN/BAN program
- RN with 3 or more current years of trauma expertise (ED and ICU preferred)
- Experience in clinical education
- Driver's License
- Medical Terminology
- Minnesota Nursing License
- Critical thinking and ability to manage interdisciplinary work teams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Collaboration negotiation, delegations, consensus building, problem solving, planning, organizing, personnel management, conflict management, fiscal management, flexibility, initiative, creativity, team building
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to access and utilize resources available within Allina
- Ability to perform the job in accordance with Allina's Standards of Business Conduct, which include principals of legal compliance, ethics and integrity, confidentiality, protection of assets and avoidance of conflicts of interest and inappropriate business relationships
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full Time
- 40 hours/week
- Day/Evening Shift -Varies, Mostly Days
- Occasional Weekends
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 287,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA