Substance Abuse Counselor II
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Unity Hospital, located in Fridley, Minn. serves the northern metropolitan communities with a full continuum of care and services and is known for its expertise in bariatrics and obstetrical care. With 1,500 employees and 220 staffed beds, Unity provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 107,000 patients each year. It shares its nearly 842-physician medical staff with Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids, Minn.
- As a casual employee, be able to work in all areas of Unity Substance Abuse Services
- Utilize counseling skills of 12 core functions to promote the well being of patients in substance abuse treatment
- Completion of an accredited substance abuse training program.
- Bachelors degree in Substance Abuse, Human Services, or related field of study or equivalent work experience
- Prefer 1+ years experience in the substance abuse as an LADC
- Demonstrated knowledge of twelve core functions and the six dimensions.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills using EMR and Windows Office Suite
- Ability to work well within a multidisciplanary team, with proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor through the state of MN.
- Documented 2 years freedom from chemical use problems.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Casual position (no regularly scheduled hours)
- Day/Evening/Night shifts
- Alternative Weekend Plan
Fridley is known for a small-town atmosphere in the midst of a metro area. Fridley schools experience unusually strong enrollment by nonresidents who cite quality academics, good school climate, and personalized attention for each student, as their reasons for choosing the Fridley Schools.
- Located 15 miles North of Minneapolis
- Population = 20,000
- Service Area = 600,350
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA