Reports To: Transportation Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Full-time Shift Available:
*Wednesday 12:00-6:00am, Wednesday- Friday 6:00pm-6:00am
Part-time Shifts Available:
*Saturday- Tuesday 5:30pm-10:30pm
*Sunday- Wednesday 5:30am-10:30am
Based on business needs, you may be required to work a 12 hour shift during your scheduled days.
This position will be responsible for being the liaison between client and supplier for crew transportation related activities. Transportation Coordinators are responsible for making decisions in our client’s best interest at all times. Transportation Coordinators monitor activity levels, on time performance, additional cost estimates and authorizations, provide quality control on all service requests, communicate directly with clients and suppliers regarding service status, pending authorizations, request updates, and contractual compliance.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responds to incoming calls and other forms of communication that require action to complete a transportation opportunity
- Maintains personal productivity and quality standards that make positive attractive financial returns so that the company may continue to provide excellent service to our customers and ensure career growth and job security to all of our staff
- Forecasts client needs and proactively works to address them
- Responds to complex inquiries from clients, provide or clarify information on departmental services, procedures and policies
- Researches complex inquiries for quality control concerns and solves problems on individual cases
- Identifies problems and trends and suggests resolutions to higher level personnel
- Monitors driver status and availability
- Forwards driver status reports to appropriate clients
- Handles contracts with primary transportation provider in response to request/need expressed by client-partner
- Handles contracts with secondary transportation provider when primary vendor is unable to respond to request/need expressed by client-partner
- Completes data entry reports that track driver wait time using Van Tracking Spreadsheet
- Dispatches “paper” trips
- Provides point of contact for quality control concerns and related issues
- Reports client feedback to management
- Identifies, researches, and resolves customer issues
- Follows-up on customer issues not immediately resolved
- Completes call logs, daily reports and all other department data entry and billing information
- Use and understand client and supplier technologies / tools
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent PC skills with a typing speed of at least 30 wpm and strong Internet navigation skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Organizational and coordinating skills, the ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities and changes with professionalism
- Ability to work in a high volume, high pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member
- Excellent telephone voice in terms of tone, clarity, pronunciation, and proper use of grammar
- Strong listening skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of mathematics
- Willing to learn and grow with the position
- Consistent in attendance and stable work history
- Proven ability to provide customer service
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment
- This position requires data entry and administrative duties such as faxing, copying, filing and compiling research
- Previous customer service or call center experience is preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED Certificate is required. Some college education is preferred but not required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure and software manuals and work instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak and communicate well with others.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must be familiar with current software packages such as MS Office.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
None required for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If the employee needs a reasonable accommodation, he/she should notify Human Resources.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder height or below the waist and lifting as required filing documents or storing materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques are required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files on occasion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to forward a resume.