Director of Golf
This job has now expired
Directs and oversees all aspects of The Meadows at Mystic. Plans, organizes, implements and supervises activities related to the Golf Pro Shop, golf programs and events, course maintenance, operations, and management in order to maintain the highest standards of excellence for guests.
Formulates and maintains the revenue and expense budget. Maximizes revenue and controls expenses and labor costs against budget.
- Plans, organizes, directs and oversees the daily operations of The Meadows at Mystic as well as special events.
- Ensures buildings, golf course, and equipment, are routinely maintained and repaired in a timely fashion as needed.
- Develops, plans and implements short and long term goals and objectives for The Meadows at Mystic.
- Establishes and administers The Meadows at Mystic policies and procedures.
- Formulates revenue and expense budgets and capital expenditures for The Meadows at Mystic.
- Reviews monthly and quarterly reports and takes corrective actions to ensure revenues and expenditures are within budgetary goals.
- Ensures all areas of The Meadows at Mystic are adequately staffed during fluctuating business levels and initiate adjustments as needed.
- Interviews, selects, hires, and promotes employees, including training, development, performance management, and supervisory actions as needed.
- A combination of post-secondary education in Professional Golf Management, business administration, hospitality management, or related field and golf course management work experience to equal ten years.
- Requires knowledge of agronomy and turf grass management practices; a working knowledge of golf facility construction principles, practices and methods; and a thorough understanding of the rules and strategies of the game of golf.
- Ability to perform and/or manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities.
- Excellent guest service and communication skills.
- Basic computer proficiency to include word processing, electronic mail, and related business software.