Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Mercy Hospital, located in Coon Rapids, Minn. is a 271-bed hospital serving the northwestern metro area. In 2011, Mercy was named one of the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals® and one of the top 20 mid-size hospitals in the U.S. by Thomson Reuters Healthcare, and is nationally recognized for cardiovascular care. With 2,200 employees and 740 affiliated physicians, Mercy has 154,250 admissions and serves nearly 58,000 emergency patients annually.
- Care of the GI Endoscopy / Minor OR / Pre post IR patients in Procedural care.
Education / Experience:
- MN RN licence; Baccalaureate Degree in nursing preferred.
- Moderate sedation experience required.
- Excellian competency preferred.
- 2 year current endoscopic GI experience required.
- Competent administering and caring for patients undergoing moderate sedation required.
- IV start experience preferred.
- Pre and post sedation care of procedural patients required.
- Competency in providing care to the patients receiving local anesthesia.
- Provide care to the patient undergoing a minor surgical procedure.
- Provide age specific and culturally sensitive care to all patients and families.
- Critical thinking and the ability to prioritize.
- Admission, Pre/Post procedure care and discharge for radiology.
- Administration of medication and execution of M.D treatment orders.
- CPR, BLS and ACLS Certification with 90 days of hire.
- Strong Clinical knowledge base in related area.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills and patient care competencies for assessment, intervention, and contributions to health care team planning and evaluation, ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work intimately with patients and families throughout the life continuum.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with health care team members, managers and leaders and with the key persons who relate to the patient and family during times of illness, crisis and development.
- Medical Terminology required.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part time (32 hours per week)
- Shift: Day / Evening
- Weekend Rotations: As per PCC standard. If ERCP core every 6-8th weekend 2nd call, if non-core every 10 -12 weekends 1st call, weekday call once every 1-5 weeks.
- MNA contract
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
The city of Coon Rapids is a fast growing community on the Mississippi River just 20 minutes north of Minneapolis-St. Paul, and the metropolitan area's gateway to the northern part of the state. Coon Rapids offers excellent access to highways, dynamic community shopping centers with major retail anchors, and a wide variety of recreational activities including neighborhood and regional parks, a municipal golf course, indoor ice arenas, hiking and biking trails and swimming pools.
- Located 14 miles North of Minneapolis and 20 miles Northwest of St. Paul
- Population = 63,000
- Service area = 413,500
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA