This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills
WestHealth is conveniently located on the Northeast corner of Hwy 55 and 494 in Plymouth, Minn.
For over 17 years, we've welcomed and cared for the Western suburban community with exceptional outpatient services designed to fit our guests' busy lifestyles.
Our convenient services include on-site urgent care, a same-day surgery center, imaging (X-ray) services, a lab, pharmacy and more than 50 family and specialty physician clinics.
Prepares operating room and anesthesia equipment to facilitate smooth operation of surgical suite and to optimize client's anesthesia experience. Coordinates patient care with WestHealth staff, anesthesiologists and surgeons to develop best anesthesia/surgical plan for each patient. Delivers consistently high quality anesthesia care to WestHealth patients in accordance with AANA Guidelines for Nurse Anesthesia. Develops personal competency in providing professional anesthesia care. Participates in WestHealth initiatives to improve service and quality of care to our patients. Supports efforts to maintain smooth operations of surgery and anesthesia departments.
- RN with current MN licensure
- Graduate of approved program of Nurse Anesthesia
- Certification as CRNA by NBCRNA
- Minimum 1 year CRNA experience preferred but will consider new graduate
Conduct or review the pre-anesthetic evaluation to include:
- History and physical assessment
- Diagnostic data
- Development of anesthetic care plan in collaboration with anesthesiologist and surgeon
- Documentation of the pre-anesthetic care plan
- Knowledge and application of pertinent safety protocols, such as malignant hypothermia or difficult airway procedures
Complete Anesthesia Induction, Maintenance and Emergence:
- Secure, prepare, and provide safety checks on all equipment
- Monitor supplies and drugs used for the administration of anesthesia
- Manage the course of anesthetics in whole or in part with the attending anesthesiologist
- Provide and utilize appropriate anesthetic monitors
- Recognize and treat cardiac dysrhythmias
- Recognize and appropriately treat abnormal patient response of anesthesia, seeking consultation when necessary
- Manage patient's fluid, blood, and electrolyte balance
- Provides anesthesia care as directed by WestHealth policy
- Documents anesthesia care in medical record
Complete Post-Anesthesia care in medical record:
- Transport patients to appropriate PACU or A&D unit
- Provide thorough report of the patient's condition, anesthetic course, and anticipated problems to the post-anesthesia care team
- Initiate respiratory, pharmacological, and/or fluid supports as appropriate
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part Time
- 20 hours/week
- Day Shift
For years, lots of people have thought life is good in Plymouth - and now a lot more people are in on the secret. When Money magazine unveiled its annual 2008 -2009 Best Places to Live list, Plymouth was ranked number one among the top 100 cities. Plymouth has built a reputation as a quality community in which to live and work. Its lakes and rolling terrain provide the backdrop for a blend of well-planned residential, business and commercial-industrial areas. Citizens and community leaders have placed a high priority on establishing a first-rate park system, interconnecting trails and diverse recreation facilities. As the community has matured, the City has worked with citizens to permanently preserve natural open-spaces, nurture the arts and protect the environment. Plymouth is one of the fastest growing communities in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Its strategic location, lakes, diverse housing stock and park system continue to attract new residents and businesses. Plymouth covers about 36 square miles.
- Located ten miles northwest of downtown Minneapolis
- Population = 66,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA