HR Generalist - Temp - Minneapolis/St Paul Area
Staffing Partners is seeking HR Generalist for our Twin Cities client.
This position reports to the HR Director as a true business partner. The role of HR Generalist will be critical in supporting the business and building the credibility of the HR Department by demonstrating understanding of the critical business needs and providing focused solutions to address them, thereby demonstrating ability to add value.
The role of HR Generalist will entail implementing and ensuring adherence to HR policies and procedures and be accountable for HR delivery and execution.
- Staffing: Assist with recruiting process, including interviews, college job fairs, maintaining talent management software, extending offers…etc.
- Leave Management: Work with managers to ensure adherence to guidelines in terms of leave policies, including: Short-Term disability, FMLA, Workers Compensation & Personal Leaves of Absence.
- Benefits Management: Including daily administration of health & welfare benefits, ESOP/401(k), interface with carriers & employees to resolve issues, assist with annual Open Enrollment, and manage systems related to assigned benefit plans, including carrier enrollment systems and files
- Create/Update Job Descriptions
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with federal/ local laws and company procedures. This includes auditing all new hire paperwork, pre-employment requirements, special project requirements, EEO reporting, FMLA, AAP, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, etc. Conduct I-9 Audits & file audits
- Responsible for conducting training, including New Hire Orientation, Performance Management, & other HR related training
- Daily Administration: The role will include responsibility for maintaining employee information and records for all locations, maintain HRIS system and create reports as necessary.
- Other assignments and projects as necessary
- Bachelor's degree with 2-7 years of generalist experience
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of organization skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Critical thinking ability and strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all employee data and matters
If you are interested in this position, please use the StarTribune application feature to submit your resume and information or you may email it to email@example.com with JHGHG in the subject line. Thank you!