This job is no longer available
DLA Piper, a leader in the practice of law worldwide, seeks a highly experienced, adaptable, detail-oriented legal secretary with strong communication skills to work in the firm's Minneapolis office. This person will adeptly provide a broad range of secretarial, administrative and clerical support to one or more partners, associates and/or paralegals in our Corporate & Securities and Finance Practice Group. This position has an extensive international focus, including communication with international clients and other professionals, coordination of international documents, meetings, conference calls, travel arrangements, billing and expenses. A minimum of seven years transactional experience with an emphasis in Corporate & Securities and Finance is required.
Job duties for this position include:
- Creating, transcribing, revising and maintaining a variety of legal documents and letters, and sending same for review, approval and distribution
- Making extensive edits to documents, spreadsheets, charts, bills, PowerPoint and letters on a regular basis
- Interacting extensively with clients in a professional manner
- Communicating and coordinating professionally and effectively with attorneys and staff in DLA offices around the globe
- Interacting with government organizations, agencies and other legal and non-legal professionals
- Taking initiative and prioritizing work effectively, multi-tasking on continuing basis and using firm resources effectively
- Handling confidential information and non-routine work professionally
- Providing support for lawyer's participation on Boards and other administrative and firm commitments
- Demonstrating a team approach with peers and others in the office and firm
- Performing administrative duties, such as managing, reviewing and distributing monthly draft and final client bills including foreign bills, maintaining and organizing client and billing files, scheduling meetings and travel arrangements, answering telephones, sorting and distributing incoming mail, managing incoming emails and contact lists for attorneys, managing e-rooms and managing daily time entry for partners.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required
- Minimum of seven years transactional experience with emphasis in Corporate & Securities and Finance is required.
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong research and coordination skills are required
- Strong grammar and excellent proofreading skills are required
- Large law firm experience preferred
DLA Piper is a leader in the practice of law worldwide, with 4,200 lawyers in offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. It has leading practices in Corporate and Finance, Litigation, Intellectual Property, Government Affairs and Real Estate. DLA Piper places a special emphasis on both diversity in the workplace and respect for the individual.
DLA Piper provides its employees with highly competitive salaries and benefits, including eligibility for year-end bonuses, profit sharing eligibility, a generous paid-time-off policy and a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and salary reviews. The firm encourages ongoing personal development and supports a healthy work/life balance.
DLA Piper is an EEO/AA employer-M/F/D/V.