RN-Transitions Care Manager
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Home and Community Services (AHCS) is the trusted provider and expert resource in delivering patient-centered care and services for patients and families needing rehabilitation, advanced-illness or end-of-life care. With headquarters located in St. Paul, Minn., services are provided in 19 Minnesota counties, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Care Manager works across the community to establish collaborative processes that promote quality and cost effective care that optimizes/enhances the physical and psychosocial health of patients. The Care Manager is responsible for making decisions that impact health care outcomes, resource allocation and customer satisfaction.
- Current MN RN licensure
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or other health related field preferred
- Previous case/care management or home care experience preferred
- Case management certification or eligibility for certification upon completion of first year in position required
- Minimum five years clinical experience required
- This role requires expertise in balancing patient advocacy and resource allocation, prioritizing demand of workflow and needs of all customers
- Need to maintain current clinical expertise, ethical decision making, and expertise in a variety of insurance products and stat and federal guidelines
- The Care Manager must be highly organized, able to make sound decisions under stress and have strong interpersonal skills
- The position requires the ability to manage care in the acute, subacute, long term care, home and ambulatory care settings
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full Time Position (40 Hours/Week)
- Day Shift
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday days, may work some Saturdays
- Non Contract
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 270,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA