RN - Birth Center (Owatonna)
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Owatonna Hospital, located in Owatonna, Minn., approximately 60 miles south of Minneapolis, provides a full range of inpatient and outpatient services to approximately 35,000 inpatients and outpatients annually. It has 340 employees and 36 staffed beds. More than 52 active Owatonna Clinic-Mayo Health System physicians and consulting physician specialists work hand-in-hand with hospital-based physicians to provide a continuity of compassionate care for all patients.
- Assessment and care of pregnant women (antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum), assessment and care of newborn infants; circulate for c-section deliveries; outpatient evaluation of pregnant patients
- Ability to prioritize work flow; possess critical thinking skills; effective team member
- Graduate of accredited nursing school
- AD accepted, BSN preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of L&D experience preferred
- IV starts
- Fetal monitoring interpretation
- Assessment of adult and newborn patients
- Medication administration
- Ability to use EMR, FSE application
Licensure/Certification required: ACLS, BLS, STABLE, Fetal Monitoring
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part time position (36 hours per week)
- Day / Night Shifts (12 hour shifts)
- Every 3rd weekend
- MNA Contract
Owatonna, located 45 minutes from Rochester and the Metropolitan area of Minneapolis/St. Paul, is ranked as the #2 small town in America with excellent schools, pleasant neighborhoods, and a variety of recreational activities. The Kaplan Woods Parkway offers 225 acres for hiking, biking, jogging, swimming, fishing and canoeing. The Owatonna Arts Center, Little Theatre of Owatonna and the Sculpture Garden are available if your love is music and the arts. Owatonna is home to more than 40 industrial firms. There are both public and private schools plus post-secondary and higher education programs. Owatonna provides the best of both worlds; a supportive and safe environment, affordable cost of living, outstanding school system, and easy access to all the amenities of big cities.
- Located 45 minutes from Rochester, Mankato and the Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro Area
- Population = 25,000
- Service Area = 60,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA