RN-ACE Unit -medical
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Unity Hospital, located in Fridley, Minn. serves the northern metropolitan communities with a full continuum of care and services and is known for its expertise in bariatrics and obstetrical care. With 1,500 employees and 220 staffed beds, Unity provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 107,000 patients each year. It shares its nearly 842-physician medical staff with Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids, Minn.
The care model on the ACE Unit is designed to proactively address common syndromes and concerns that complicated care and discharge planning for older adults. The ACE Unit model is designed to address four key principles: patient / family centered care; inter-professional collaboration; early, comprehensive discharge planning; and a prepared environment.
Professional nursing is the healing art and science used for diagnosis and treatment of human responses to actual or potential health problems. This means that the professional registered nurse uses his/her education, experience and critical thinking to coordinate patient care. As a leader, the professional nurse has the responsibility, authority, and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the care for patients and their loved ones.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing
- Baccalaureate in nursing preferred
- Current MN RN license
- CPR Certification within 90 days of hire
- Previous Medical Acute Care experience preferred
Applicants for this position will demonstrate high level performance in:
Communicaion / Organization:
- Strong verbal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, delegation, computer entry skills
- Ability to work independently and function as part of a team
Critical thinking skills:
- Ability to prioritize multiple task.
- Ability to process critical details in a high energy environment
- Strong Clinical assessment skills
- Ability to work intimately with patients and families throughout the life continuum and be a strong patient advocate
- Ability to establish effective relationships with healthcare team members, managers, and leaders along with key persons who relate to patient and families during time of illness, crisis and development
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part-Time (32 hours per week)
- Shift: Day / Evening
- Weekend Rotation: Every Other Weekend
- Contract: MNA
Fridley is known for a small-town atmosphere in the midst of a metro area. Fridley schools experience unusually strong enrollment by nonresidents who cite quality academics, good school climate, and personalized attention for each student, as their reasons for choosing the Fridley Schools.
- Located 15 miles North of Minneapolis
- Population = 20,000
- Service Area = 600,350
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA