This job is no longer available
The NDT Technician position is responsible for testing and inspection of products at various stages of the production process in compliance with applicable codes and standards.
Qualifications- Preferred candidates will be certified to Level 2 qualifications in accordance with the American Society of Nondestructive Testing recommended practice SNT-TC-1A in methods such as VT, MT, UT, PT and AWS CWI. Other combinations of formal training and experience may be considered.
Welding background preferred. Must take and pass practical examinations as condition of employment
- Determines test equipment settings according to type of metal, thickness, distance from test equipment, and related variables, using standard formulas.
- Sets up equipment to perform tests, and conducts tests on parts, following procedures established for specified tests performed.
- Applies agents, such as cleaners, penetrants, and developers, and couplant, to parts, or heats parts in oven, to prepare parts for testing.
- Conducts radiographic, penetrant, ultrasonic, and magnetic particle tests on metal parts to determine if parts meet nondestructive specifications
- Marks tested parts to indicate defective areas
- Interpret and evaluate test results against designated standards, utilizing knowledge of metals and testing experience in accordance with applicable codes, standards, specifications, or procedures.
- Prepares reports outlining findings and conclusions.
- Initiate accept/reject decisions and know when to call more qualified individuals for marginal evaluations.
- Assist in monitoring and auditing of existing weld procedures.
- Inspect and calibrate test equipment, such as magnetic particle, x-ray, and ultrasonic contact machines, to standard settings, following manual instructions.