Technical Lead Analyst ITS 4
This advanced position is responsible for the architectural and logical design, development, and implementation of highly complex, mission-critical, enterprise-wide, public and administrative software systems of the Minnesota State College and Universities. This position's responsibilities encompass a wide range of administrative and public-facing applications in student, finance and core application areas.
Note: This position has a travel requirement of 5% to attend meetings at the system office in St. Paul.
NOTE: Location of work may be in any one of the following areas: Bemidji; Eveleth; Moorhead or Waite Park.
- 5 years experience in J2EE software analysis and design in a business or educational environment.
- Highly-developed analysis and design skills that may be applied to enterprise applications that are web-based and integrate with legacy client-server based or batch processing based applications.
- Understanding and application of risk management for mission-critical application software.
- Experience and knowledge of programming languages, frameworks and techniques for use in development of web based applications.
- 3 years experience with relational database management systems and concepts.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Understanding of the principles of application security and of how to apply those principles to coding and testing practices. Understanding of the critical nature of security in a web environment. Experience with security assessment tools.
- Understanding of the different components of the system architecture in which an application is deployed, including the server software environments, the database and file systems, and networking concepts
- Demonstrated skill in resource planning and estimating work effort
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software testing tools and methodologies
- Leadership and mentoring skills to direct the work of other employees on a project
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field
- Experience with Oracle databases.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, go to our online job posting on the State of Minnesota’s Employment site at http://www.careers.state.mn.us by searching for
Job Grouping: Information Technology
Department: MN State Colleges & Universities
Posting #: 12MNSC000774
Application deadline is December 21, 2012. No late applications will be considered. Please submit your resume and application online per instructions.
The Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System is an Equal Opportunity employer and educator.