Fitness Director (Hudson YMCA)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the Hudson YMCA has an amazing opportunity a Fitness Director to join our team!
The Fitness Director is responsible for developing, delivering, supervising, administering, and evaluating the wellness/fitness programs for the branch. This includes the Fitness Center, Group Exercise, Personal Training, Specialty Programs, and Active Older Adults. The incumbent supervises, hires, and trains staff and implements activities designed to meet the specified objectives and goals of the Department, Branch, and Association.
- Provides leadership and supervision to a variety of fitness programs that may include group fitness, fitness center, specialty programs, and personal training
- Evaluate, update, and assist in the development of new programs under the guidance of the Product Team
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate fitness staff
- Provide a high level of customer service to members, guests, and program participants
- Prepare and manage department budget to assure financial and program service goals are attained
Qualifications - Required
- Education and/or equivalent experience relating to fitness, exercise physiology, or health and wellness
- Minimum of two years of management experience
- Minimum of two years of experience working in Health and Fitness programs
- CPR/PR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen certifications (within 30 days of hire)
- Excellent organization, communication, and administration skills
- Ability to recruit, train, and motivate paid and volunteer staff
- National Fitness Certification
- Attend YMCA Healthy Lifestyles within 90 days of hire
Qualifications - Preferred
- Degree in Health and Science or related field
- National Fitness Certification in Group Fitness and Personal Training
- Perform physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 12/17/2012 for first consideration.