Speech Language Pathologist
Fraser serves children of all abilities and adults with special needs through comprehensive education, healthcare, and housing services. At Fraser we are passionate about the clients we serve, we are committed to building relationships that lead to successful outcomes for all we interact with.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION: Provides therapeutic evaluation and treatment/intervention in discipline area. Assures quality client service. Provides services in compliance with regulations, and Fraser policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: 1. Provide evaluations and re-evaluations as appropriate and establish appropriate treatment goals.
2. Provide therapeutic treatment according to the doctor’s order.
3. Communicate with parents/guardians regarding their child’s progress.
4. Achieve or exceed quarterly and annual productivity expectations.
5. Maintain clean equipment in good repair.
6. Communicate with funding sources as directed by the prior authorization coordinator to assure reimbursement of services being delivered.
7. Communicate appropriate aspects of the client’s program to all involved persons and operate in conjunction with other disciplines and team members.
8. Supervise student interns as assigned.
9. Treatment plans or re-certifications completed and signed by the physician per regulations.
10. Maintain complete, current and accurate progress notes, billing sheets and case records for each client.
11. Participate in quality assurance meetings as requested.
12. Maintain awareness of other agencies within the community in order to make appropriate referrals when indicated.
LOCATION: This position is located at Fraser Minneapolis: 3333 University Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN.
SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Master’s Degree in Communication Disorders (emphasis on Speech pathology) or equivalent.
2. Licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health required. (Minimum of temporary license.)
3. Ability to achieve and maintain status of “may provide direct contact for this agency” upon completion of criminal background studies.
4. Experience working with families required.
5. Proficiency in computer use, including use of electronic medical records, required.
6. Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
7. Must have the physical health and stamina to work on a consistent basis with children 6 weeks to 8 years old.
8. IF DRIVING: Valid Minnesota Driver’s License with acceptable record required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Two years of experience preferred.
This position is posted at www.fraser.org/employment until filled.
In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, Fraser offers its employees much more. We offer a flexible, casual environment which provides employees work and life balance. Our employees say that being part of the Fraser team is being a part of something special; where co-workers genuinely care about the work that we do, and about one another.
Fraser is proud to be an EEO/AA employer.