The Floor Director is responsible for cuing on air talent, moving cameras from set to set and studio to studio. Must be able to understand camera blocking and placement. Checks studio lighting at least 30 minutes to set being on air, ensures there are no lights that are out and making sure the hosts are in proper lighting. Checks the microphones of all talent prior to going on air.
Work Schedule: We are looking for someone that will be able to work part-time 2nd shift. The hours will be from 2:30pm-11:00pm.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for maintaining current inventory of crew headset units and allocation
- Responsible for guest and host lavaliere microphone and IFB unit designation and trouble-shooting, including proper placement of said units on guests
- Responsible for computer monitor and television monitor upkeep in all 4 major studios, including accessing company-wide vvnet access
- Responsible for informative dialogue between production department and guests/models, including answering all questions pertaining to show execution, set designation, and guest requests during, before, and after show commences
- Responsible for maintaining leadership and supervision to floor crew including Visuals Stylists, Freelance, and Camera Operators
- Responsible for upkeep and care of cameras during and after physical movement from studio to studio
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Associate's degree (A.A), or equivalent experience
- Television production or related work experience
- Physical requirements:
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects