Patient Care Tech (New Ulm, MN)
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
New Ulm Medical Center (NUMC), located in New Ulm in the south central region of Minnesota, is a full-service health care campus, providing an array of patient care services through its integrated clinic and hospital. With 500 employees, 41 physicians on staff, a full complement of visiting specialists and 35 staffed beds, NUMC serves more than 98,000 inpatients and outpatients annually.
Work as part of a team of nurses and physicians providing care to patients in a 9 bed emergency department. This is a supportive roll with responsibilities that include answering the phone, rooming patients, taking vital signs, cleaning instruments, computerized documentation, plus more.
- High School graduate
- Must be able to speak, read, and understand English
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician certification, or Health Unit Coordinator Certification or related experience is required
- BLS certification
- Medical Terminology required
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Work cooperatively with patients, families, and all members of the health care team
- Demonstrates the characteristics of listening, respect; compassion
- Ability to work under stressful situations
- Ability to assimilate a number of pieces of information and react/respond in the appropriate manner
- Basic computer skills: keyboarding and accessing Internet
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part Time
- 20 hours/week
- Night Shift
- All days of the week
- Every Other Weekend
New Ulm, the city of "Charm & Tradition", is nestled just 90 miles southwest of the Twin Cities, in the heart of the scenic Minnesota River Valley. The community is home to 15,000 people and boasts a thriving, diverse economy with a healthy mix of retail, manufacturing and industry. New Ulm is famous for its authentic German heritage and with all of the festivals, historic monuments, attractions, shopping and many cultural events; you've got to see for yourself why the Federal census of 2000 called New Ulm the "most German city in the USA". Exceptional medical access and three school systems, complemented by numerous parks, safe streets and abundant recreational opportunities make New Ulm a great place to settle down and raise a family.
- Located 90 miles Southwest of the Twin Cities
- Population = 15,000
- Service Area = 90,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA