RN - OR (United)
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, Minn., is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year. With 3,400 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital has earned a reputation for excellence in patient care and state-of-the-art facilities, including innovative programs such as the John Nasseff Heart Hospital and John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute.
United Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Practices professional nursing to provide patient care through the use of the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Provides coordination of all nursing care.
- Works in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members.
- Appropriately delegates nursing care to other direct care team members.
- 2 years of current OR experience required (Past surg tech experience can count toward OR experience)
- 2 years of RN experience with full completion of Perioperative 101 course required
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Strong assessment and clinical skills.
- Organizational/time management skills, prioritization.
- Delegation skills.
- Customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Multi tasking skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MN Nursing license
Not all positions consider new grads; if the qualifications above state "New grads will be considered" the new grad hires must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing).
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part Time Position (32 Hours/Week)
- Evening Shift
- Work Schedule: Evening weekends, holidays, call, 1130-2000, 1445-2315
- Weekends, holidays, call
- MNA contract
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 287,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA