Director of Nursing
Title: Director of Nursing
Status: Full-time, Salaried
Location: Saint Paul or St Louis Park, MN
The Director of Nursing will oversee the need to maintain consistency of care across all locations at The Emily Program. This will be achieved through a combination of ensuring set practices and procedures are being followed and medical support staff are trained. This position will supervise nursing and medical assistant staff in both outpatient and residential settings.
- Ensure that all medical support (nurses, medical assistants) personnel are complying with established standards, practices and regulatory requirements. Create solutions in areas that are not meeting standards and implement.
- Involved in Human Resource activities that affect nurses and medical assistants across all levels of care of the agency, including but not limited to:
- Interviewing, hiring and training of new nurses for these programs
- Performance Management
- Onboarding plans for all medical providers (Mid-level, Physicians)
- Provide ongoing coaching to staff on client/case management issues.
- Develop and maintain a staffing system that is sustainable for TEP’s business and for client care. Identify ways to attract and retain top medical support services staff.
- Partner with Residential Administrative Coordinators to maintain appropriate staffing levels in our 24/7 facilities.
- Partner with all medical staff to help increase residential and intensive program census.
- Provide support to the medical support staff and act as a liaison between the medical support and medical staff.
- Attend medical meeting and lead the medical support services portion of the meeting.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of current clinical practices, strategies, and developments through participation in his or her professional organization; attending related seminars, workshops, and conferences; and reviewing the literature.
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience in a Nurse Supervisor, Manager and/or Director role and current MN Registered Nurse is required.
- Previous experience in a behavioral health setting and residential facility preferred.
- A “hands-on” leadership style with the ability to model and reinforce a strong collaborative style.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to recognize the value and responsibility of working in a team; actively supports and develops team members.
- Works with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing conditions.
- Ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented.
- Demonstrates passion - approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way.
- Results-focused - understands what is important to leaders, employees and clients.
- Capable communication skills; handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence.
- Displays integrity; is sincere in own behavior and in dealings with others.
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume. Documents must be compiled into one PDF and uploaded via the online application form. Click apply now to Apply
The position is open until filled. The Emily Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).